Thursday 20 December 2007

New toys

The weather has been fantastic for photography now for best part of a week. Very very cold and not getting above freezing at all for the last four days. Unfortunately I have had committments and haven't been able to get out and make the most of it.

I do have a new toy coming. I have purchased a Bigma. Now to those who don't know this is a Sigma 50-500 f4-6.4 EX DG HSM (I think we run out of letters at this point.....). Being a Sigma EX (and at over £700 new) I expect pro quality build and most importantly optics. I would have preferred a faster 2.8 lens but to cover this length you need two lenses at least and severa THOUSAND pounds, and a chiropractor for when your back gives out!

I'll post a review on here when I've run a days testing on it.

Until then, try not to slip over and to the idiot who overtook me on the ice and then spun out yesturday - serves you right you idiot.

Stay warm!

Jan

No comments: